Senior Director, Client Services
Client Services, New York - Remote Considered
The Sr. Director of Client Services is responsible for overseeing the full portfolio of accounts and managing the account management team. The Sr. Director of Client Services oversees the execution of our programs from concept through delivery. This role is client-facing and works collaboratively with cross-functional teams – editorial, product, sales, marketing – to deliver exceptional products and client service that delight our clients. A successful candidate must be able to execute on internal and external expectations, manage and build the team, and ensure continued relationships with clients.
- Manages team of account managers and project managers, builds team, and provides training and support to junior team members
- Provides strategic leadership to the account management team
- Efficiently balances the dual expectations of the organization and the clients
- Guides clients by educating them with strategy, ideas, trends, and thought leadership
- Develops structure and processes to streamline account operations
- Leads the team in defining priorities and navigating obstacles on projects
- Acts as the point of escalation for all project and account-related issues
- Grows the business by utilizing experience to identify additional business needs and implement solutions
- Works closely with internal teams – account, editorial, product, sales, marketing – to align plans, roadmaps, and client needs with services and resources
- Manages client relationships, leading external meetings
- Sets and manages client expectations on scope, timeline, and budget
- Collaborates on the creation of work; reviews work to ensure alignment with client expectations and quality of standards; acts as client advocate internally
- Acts as a “project manager;” keeper of all project information and reports to internal teams and clients on an ongoing basis
- Signs off on materials for reporting to the client
- Manages the financials of all projects; drives renewal and follow-on business for all accounts
- A Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in communications, marketing, public relations, public health, or business (Master’s preferred but not required); PMP certification strongly preferred!
- At least 6-10 years experience working in a medical communications, medical education, advertising and/or public relations agency; deep understanding of client service responsibilities
- Past experience independently building and managing successful relationships with clients
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Ability to work with tight timelines on multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrates a deep understanding of health care, pharmaceutical marketing, clinical trials, and trends in digital marketing; adequate therapeutic area knowledge
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), including ability to speak with a variety of stakeholders including pharmaceutical brand marketers, physicians, patients/families, health care organizations, and advocacy groups
- Self-starter who is able to roll up his/her sleeves, take initiative, think creatively, work independently, and get work done!
About Jumo Health
Jumo Health develops age-appropriate, educational resources for patients and caregivers for use throughout their medical journey.
By working with providers, manufacturers, and advocacy groups, we ensure our resources are available at the moment of diagnosis, during a treatment regimen, or while participating in a clinical trial. With the belief that an informed patient is a compliant patient, Jumo Health designs practical solutions using familiar - and desired - mediums. With experience providing resources to more than 65 countries in 55 languages, and covering more than 200 topics, our mixed media solutions range from comic books to animated videos, are evidence based and peer reviewed, pay careful attention to health literacy and reading comprehension barriers - all to ensure patients can understand and follow their physician’s instructions.
To the applicants
Jumo Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.