Print Production Coordinator
About Jumo Health
Jumo Health develops age-appropriate, culturally sensitive, and relatable educational resources for patients and caregivers. We have experience serving diverse populations, covering more than 160 health topics across 75+ countries and 90+ languages – and we’re always expanding!
Our multicultural offerings are designed to explain the latest in evidence-based literature using highly visual elements so that everyone can understand complex medical topics. We use familiar mediums to ensure this -from comic books and Pixar®-style animation, to virtual reality experiences and authentic documentary-style patient stories – all tailored based on age and audience.
As part of the Product team, the successful candidate will coordinate the production of printed materials, from postcards to books, as well as the procurement and personalization of merchandise items. In addition to delivering products to schedule, the successful candidate will also be responsible for file QA, translations and distribution.
The Print Production Coordinator will work closely with the Client Services, Creative, and Editorial teams, as well as external partners such as printers and translators. They will have excellent technical and project management skills, be a creative thinker, and a problem solver. This is a mid/entry level position, suitable for someone with a keen interest in print production, design and health information.
- Check and correct InDesign files before sending to translations
- Create print ready files
- Place print orders with print vendor
- Requests quotes for new items
- Track printing and shipping, and relay information to internal and external teams
- Support the development of proforma invoices
- Be an expert on production process for external clients, including print specs
- Respond to client inquiries on production process and timelines
- Support the development of SOPs on print production, setting up files, etc.
- Handle a large volume of projects at once and manage own timeline
- Be able to adjust to changes in schedules and react quickly to print requests
Candidate Experience and Requirements
- Proficiency with InDesign
- Previous experience as a production assistant/print controller
- Experience with print on demand, mainly with US printers
- Quote request experience for both print items and merchandise
- Knowledge of Illustrator and Photoshop is a plus, but not essential
- Experience sourcing out new vendors
- Print buying experience in publishing
- Experience placing print orders and signing off on invoices
- Good InDesign skills
- Good organization skills, forward thinking and multitasking
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision (initial training will be provided)
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), including ability to speak with external teams including printers, translators and clients
- Self-starter who is able to roll up his/her sleeves, take initiative, think creatively, work independently, and get work done!
- Exhibits a sense of curiosity and growth orientation; continuously seeks out knowledge as well as growth opportunities
- A passion to solve for disparities in health literacy and support patient outcomes
To all applicants
Jumo Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.