Print Production Coordinator
The production team is the executing arm of the production department, in charge of coordinating the production of printed materials, from postcards to books, as well as the procurement and personalization of merchandise items. In addition to delivering products to schedule, the production team is also responsible for file QA, translations and distribution.
As a print assistant/controller you will work closely with the Client Services, Creative, and Editorial teams, as well as external partners such as printers and translators. We create quality educational resources for clinical trials and pharmaceutical companies and have clients and suppliers around the world. You will have the opportunity to join a global, dynamic team that works towards improving patients’ experience and outcome.
The successful candidate will have excellent technical and project management skills, be a creative thinker, and a problem solver. This is a mid/entry level position, suitable for someone with a keen interest in print production, design and health information.
- Check and correct InDesign files before sending to translations
- Create print ready files
- Place print orders with print vendor
- Requests quotes for new items
- Track printing and shipping, and relay information to internal and external teams
- Support the development of proforma invoices
- Be an expert on production process for external clients, including print specs
- Respond to client inquiries on production process and timelines
- Support the development of SOPs on print production, setting up files, etc.
- Handle a large volume of projects at once and manage own timeline
- Be able to adjust to changes in schedules and react quickly to print requests
Candidate Experience and Requirements
- Previous experience as a production assistant/print controller
- Experience with print on demand, mainly with US printers
- Quote request experience for both print items and merchandise
- Knowledge of Illustrator and Photoshop is a plus, but not essential
- Experience sourcing out new vendors
- Print buying experience in publishing
- Experience placing print orders and signing off on invoices
- Good InDesign skills
- Good organization skills, forward thinking and multitasking
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision (initial training will be provided)
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), including ability to speak with external teams including printers, translators and clients
- Self-starter who is able to roll up his/her sleeves, take initiative, think creatively, work independently, and get work done!
- Exhibits a sense of curiosity and growth orientation; continuously seeks out knowledge as well as growth opportunities
- A passion to solve for disparities in health literacy and support patient outcomes
About Jumo Health
Jumo Health develops age-appropriate, educational resources for patients and caregivers for use throughout their medical journey.
By working with providers, manufacturers, and advocacy groups, we ensure our resources are available at the moment of diagnosis, during a treatment regimen, or while participating in a clinical trial. With the belief that an informed patient is a compliant patient, Jumo Health designs practical solutions using familiar - and desired - mediums. With experience providing resources to more than 70+ countries in 80+ languages, and covering more than 110 therapeutic areas, our mixed media solutions range from comic books to animated videos, are evidence based and peer reviewed, pay careful attention to health literacy and reading comprehension barriers - all to ensure patients can understand and follow their physician’s instructions.
To the applicants
Jumo Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
To apply, please send your resume and any relevant information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to include the position for which you are applying in the subject line of your email.