JOIN OUR TEAM
Department // Editorial Location // New York - Remote Considered
The Medical Writer is responsible for conceptual development and copy deliverables for all media at the discretion of the Editor-In-Chief. This includes websites, social media, podcasts, and videos for print and digital mediums. The medical writer is expected to work within a cross-functional collaborative team in the development of original solutions and to create polished, final deliverables.
The successful candidate must have the ability to review and justify concepts to the internal project team and, possibly, the client.
A solid familiarity with health care, public health, and trends in digital marketing is required. The medical writer should be able to write strong conceptual copy along with concise storytelling that applies to both patients and their families/caregivers. Notwithstanding, a critical eye and be prepared to help with certain editorial tasks, such as proofreading and correction checks.
- Collaborate with creative team members to determine the conceptual and copy direction balancing the editorial, client and medical requirements
- Writing and editing materials about pharmaceutical, biotech and other health care topics for the Company’s consumer audience
- Work with art directors and designers to ensure copy tone and style are consistent with visual tone and style
- Interact with project teams to understand business objectives and audience demographics
- Work from Creative Briefs to translate concepts into effective copy concepts
- Manage and maintain a copy deck from start to finish (including client revisions, legal feedback, technical updates, SEO optimization (as required), etc.)
- Conduct other writing activities as directed, including internalizing user needs and business objectives, creating content/message briefs, writing content outlines and flowcharts, and conducting content audits
- Research medical conditions, find primary reference support, annotate and reference full websites for med/legal review, and work with med/legal to ensure the accuracy of all claims
- Take responsibility for certain editorial tasks, such as familiarity with proofreading, and correction checks
- Keen enthusiasm for, and basic understanding of, Web trends and technologies and how content “plays” within these environments
- Understanding of marketing and advertising principles
- Take (or grow into) a lead in strategic brainstorming, campaign development, creative brief development and creative execution
- Work with tight timelines on multiple projects simultaneously and effectively juggle different writing demands
- Understanding of graphic design and a keen appreciation of the interplay between textual and visual elements
- Review, edit, and evaluate marketing content consumer demographics for clinical accuracy, grammar and health literacy level
- A degree or diploma in English, journalism, communications or life sciences (PhD or MD is required).
- 3-5 years’ medical writing experience in marketing, pharma/biotech/health care or related field.
- Exceptional writing skills and attention to detail
- All applicants must submit an online or PDF portfolio to showcase samples
ABOUT JUMO HEALTH
Jumo Health is a global health care education company. We make complex medical concepts easy to understand - and we do this for the whole family. With offices in New York, London, and Sydney, we serve a truly global audience of more 50 countries, speaking more than 30 languages in both commercial and clinical trial verticals.
Our materials are evidence based - because accuracy is paramount. Our materials are age appropriate - because relevance matters. 9 out of every 10 adults is not health literate, so our we create resources such as comic books, videos, and podcasts to help children and their families better understand in their way, on their terms, throughout their medical journey.
To learn more, please visit JumoHealth.com.
Join the team. Make a difference! To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to careers@JumoHealth.com.
TO THE APPLICANTS
Jumo is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.