Product, New York
Hello! We're a rapidly expanding health information company that produces resources for children, teenagers, and families to help them understand medicine and disease. We do this across 60 countries in 50 languages with our range of comic books, podcasts, animations, and mobile apps!
We're currently looking for a new full-time graphic designer. As well as bringing your own creativity to the table to design everything from clinical trial brochures to convention stands, this role would also encompass working closely with the other artists and designers. The ideal candidate will be able to balance their own work against commissioning artists, checking over more junior designers output, and assisting the art director in coordinating multi-disciplinary projects.
Reporting to the Art Director, the successful candidate must have the ability to set and execute against defined project plans and present on-going status updates to the internal project team.
Requirements, Functions and Experience
- Minimum 2 years experience of digital graphic design production in a professional environment
- High level of competency with Adobe Creative Suite, primarily InDesign/Photoshop/Illustrator
- Understanding of digital media quality standards, with grounding in image formats, web compression and colour space, as well as traditional publication
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in an editorial, art editor, or commissioning editor role
- Experience in managing others
- Prior experience with After Effects and Premiere
- Previous work on children's books/activity books/magazines
About Jumo Health
Jumo Health develops age-appropriate, educational resources for patients and caregivers for use throughout their medical journey.
By working with providers, manufacturers, and advocacy groups, we ensure our resources are available at the moment of diagnosis, during a treatment regimen, or while participating in a clinical trial. With the belief that an informed patient is a compliant patient, Jumo Health designs practical solutions using familiar - and desired - mediums. With experience providing resources to more than 70+ countries in 80+ languages, and covering more than 110 therapeutic areas, our mixed media solutions range from comic books to animated videos, are evidence based and peer reviewed, pay careful attention to health literacy and reading comprehension barriers - all to ensure patients can understand and follow their physician’s instructions.
To the applicants
Jumo Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.