The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the Company’s creative team to deliver beautifully designed programs for our clients and be the steward of Jumo Health’s brand.
As a Creative Director, you will work with Jumo Health’s Client Services, Editorial, Marketing, and Product on a variety of client work. You will work to understand our client’s objectives, help shape the creative strategy, and oversee the creative vision and execution of projects. You will act as a creative lead, inspiring and directing a team of designers to bring your vision to life. You will work collaboratively with project managers to keep the project on track and the vision intact. In addition to your role as leading the creative team, you will also act as a lead designer on various client projects.
- Manage and build our creative team; get the best out of our talent, grow it, and have a vision and concept for Jumo Health creative needs to be successful
- Manage creative team of in house visual designers, as well freelance designers and illustrators
- Identify and vet additional talent based on resourcing needs; onboard new hires
- Lead the team to conceptualize, develop, and execute the creative ideation of great strategies and content and presenting them compellingly to clients
- Provide creative leadership, inspiring a culture of creativity; push the boundaries for Jumo Health brand and develop a reputation for great creative and strategic work to meet client's goals
- Collaborate on and guide the work of all direct reports, manage design work flows while ensuring feasibility and budget alignment
- Assign all projects and tasks to individual designers based on skill set, client needs, and team bandwidth
- Work closely with the creative team to evolve, document and enforce brand standards across all platforms and mediums for a consistent brand experience
- Manage, mentor, and provide guidance to teams and colleagues and be an invested contributor to the design team’s professional development
- Provide the strategic vision of the department and lead in achieving goals and identifying growth opportunities
- Oversee projects and project strategy, reporting to Associate Vice President of Production on resourcing, budget, and timelines
- Partner with project management and production teams to ensure delivery of on-time and on-budget work
- Review creative team’s work and provide feedback, promoting a culture of creativity and excellency
- Remain current with visual and storytelling trends within healthcare and as it pertains to health literacy
- Represent the creative team in brainstorming meetings, client kick-off calls, and client status meetings
- Develop Jumo Health’s design library and system to streamline design operations, and identifying ways to gain efficiencies and automate processes
- Be the steward of Jumo Health’s brand, developing and refining Jumo Health’s brand guidelines
- Roll up your sleeves to execute and deliver work
- Act as design lead on various client projects
- Support the development of Jumo Health’s marketing material
- Deliver exceptional designs that meet client’s objectives
- 5+ years of creative management/leadership experience managing others
- A portfolio that demonstrates creative strategy experience featuring digital and traditional works
- A leader in guiding teams through the various stages of creative ideation from ambiguity to final concepts
- An adept storyteller and presenter
- Experience with resource and task management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, experience with working with global team members
- Experienced with Keynote, Adobe Creative Suite and ability work within Google Suite
About Jumo Health
Jumo Health develops age-appropriate, educational resources for patients and caregivers for use throughout their medical journey.
By working with providers, manufacturers, and advocacy groups, we ensure our resources are available at the moment of diagnosis, during a treatment regimen, or while participating in a clinical trial. With the belief that an informed patient is a compliant patient, Jumo Health designs practical solutions using familiar - and desired - mediums. With experience providing resources to more than 70+ countries in 80+ languages, and covering more than 110 therapeutic areas, our mixed media solutions range from comic books to animated videos, are evidence based and peer reviewed, pay careful attention to health literacy and reading comprehension barriers - all to ensure patients can understand and follow their physician’s instructions.
To the applicants
Jumo Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
To apply, please send your resume and any relevant information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to include the position for which you are applying in the subject line of your email.