JOIN OUR TEAM
Department // Finance Location // New York, NY or New Haven, CT
Fast growing international enterprise with offices in New York and London. The Company has attracted significant investments to support its growth plans as it expands. This growth has prompted the need for new senior level operating leadership.
- Responsible for all general ledger, cost accounting, financial reporting and analysis, tax, audit, treasury, budgeting and financial systems
- Collaborative role with the CFO and COO in the reporting and monitoring of operating metrics and will play an active role in recommending and implementing potential improvements
- Requires the ability to set up and document reporting systems and processes from scratch and to build the foundation for scalable and repeatable processes that meet GAAP accounting standards and compliance requirements
- As a global enterprise, the successful candidate will have international responsibilities regarding costs and currency exchange and conversion, revenue recognition challenges, and international compliance
- Assist the COO in the review of operating performance, planning and analysis of potential acquisitions
- Build and manage a financial staff and possibly outside vendor(s) support from time to time
- Primary responsibility for the budget planning and oversight, periodic management reporting
- Identifying and reporting of key metrics to be used as a management tool to monitor growth and trends
Candidate Experience and Requirements
- First rate academic credentials including an MBA and CPA
- Experience in privately-held venture-backed early-stage companies
- Background in print/digital media and technology (required), book publishing
- (desired), and media content licensing (desired)
- Experience with multi-subsidiary structure (transfer pricing, intercompany allocations, governance); basic international accounting (foreign currencies); and software (currently Quickbooks) and service/project accounting with multi-element revenue recognition arrangements.
- Direct experience in health care organizations, pharmaceutical or payor markets is helpful.
- This position requires the interest and ability to work in a hands-on situation, and the knowledge and ability to build the foundational control systems and operating metrics.
- The position requires to work effectively with investors and external finance, audit and regulatory organizations.
ABOUT JUMO HEALTH
Jumo Health develops age-appropriate, educational resources for patients and caregivers for use throughout their medical journey. By working with providers, manufacturers, and advocacy groups, we ensure our resources are available at the moment of diagnosis, during a treatment regimen, or while participating in a clinical trial. With the belief that an informed patient is a capable patient, Jumo Health designs its solutions for outcomes.
With experience providing resources in more than 60 countries, 50 languages, and covering more than 200 topics, our mixed media solutions range from comic books to animated videos, are evidence based and peer reviewed, and pay careful attention to health literacy and educational attainment to ensure patients can understand and take the prescribed actions.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to careers@JumoHealth.com.
TO THE APPLICANTS
Jumo is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.