Chief Operating Officer
About Jumo Health
Jumo Health develops age-appropriate, culturally sensitive, and relatable educational resources for patients and caregivers. We have experience serving diverse populations, covering more than 160 health topics across 75+ countries and 90+ languages – and we’re always expanding!
Our multicultural offerings are designed to explain the latest in evidence-based literature using highly visual elements so that everyone can understand complex medical topics. We use familiar mediums to ensure this -from comic books and Pixar®-style animation, to virtual reality experiences and authentic documentary-style patient stories – all tailored based on age and audience.
Jumo Health is a medical communications company serving the needs of the pharmaceutical industry as they develop and market their products. The successful candidate will have deep rooted knowledge of the market sector and experience in successfully organizing workflows and leading project based organizations as they develop custom solutions.
As the Chief Operations Officer, you will play a critical role in shaping the future of Jumo Health and driving the Company’s operational success. This is a hands-on role and reports directly to the CEO. You will be responsible for planning, overseeing, and optimizing our operational processes, improving efficiency, and ensuring the seamless execution of business strategies across service lines and departments. The ideal candidate is a seasoned operations leader with a proven track record of scaling businesses, managing cross-functional teams, and driving sustainable growth in the health care industry.
Primary responsibilities include:
Operational Strategy and Execution:
- Collaborate with the CEO and executive leadership to develop and implement operational strategies to deliver contracted services to customers which further align with the Company’s goals and objectives.
- Drive the execution of operational strategies, ensuring effective allocation of resources, optimizing processes, and enhancing operational efficiency.
- Establish key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure operational effectiveness and provide regular reports to senior management.
- Lead and inspire a diverse and high-performing operations team, fostering a culture of excellence, collaboration, and innovation.
- Oversee and coordinate cross-functional activities, promoting effective communication and alignment among teams including production (product and editorial), logistics, quality assurance, and customer success.
- Foster strong relationships with other key departments, such as sales, marketing, and finance, to ensure seamless coordination and integration of operational activities.
Process Optimization and Continuous Improvement:
- Identify opportunities to optimize operational processes, streamline workflows, and enhance productivity through automation where appropriate.
- Implement best practices and standards to drive operational excellence, focusing on quality, scalability, and cost-effectiveness.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement, encouraging team members to identify and implement innovative solutions to operational challenges.
Supply Chain and Logistics Management:
- Oversee the end-to-end supply chain and logistics operations, ensuring timely delivery of products and services to clients and patients.
- Collaborate with vendors and strategic partners to establish strong relationships and drive efficiencies in the supply chain.
- Monitor inventory levels, manage distribution channels, and implement strategies to mitigate risks and ensure continuity of operations.
Compliance and Risk Management:
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulations, industry standards, and quality requirements across all operational activities.
- Develop and implement robust risk management processes, proactively identifying and mitigating operational risks.
- Stay informed about industry trends, regulatory changes, and emerging best practices to maintain the Company’s compliance and competitive advantage.
Candidate Experience and Requirements
- Health care experience in an executive capacity is required.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; advanced degree preferred or greater than 10 years experience with exact job specifications.
- Proven experience as a COO or similar executive-level role within a top tier health care agency, medical communications firm, or clinical research organization.
- In-depth knowledge of global clinical trial regulations, guidelines, and best practices.
- Proven track record of successfully managing multi-faceted educational programs for use in global clinical trials.
- In-depth knowledge of operational management, supply chain, and logistics in the health care or pharmaceutical sector. Global experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute strategic operational plans, driving growth and scalability.
- Strong leadership and people management skills, with the ability to inspire and motivate teams to achieve goals.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making abilities, with a data-driven approach.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with internal teams, external partners, and clients.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced and dynamic environment, managing multiple priorities and deadlines.
To all applicants
Jumo Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.