Accounts Payable Specialist
Fast growing, venture-backed international health care education enterprise serving a global audience seeks exceptional candidates to help the Company continue to function eﬃciently. The Company has attracted signiﬁcant investment and is in a rapid phase of organic growth.
- Managing accounts payable using accounting software and other program
- Handling accounts payable for separate entities and vendors
- Analyzing workﬂow processes
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with new and existing vendors
- Ensuring bills are paid in a timely and accurate manner while adhering to departmental procedures
- Processing invoices for payments
- Comparing purchase orders, prices, terms of payment and other charges
- Processing transactions and performing accounting duties such as account maintenance, recording entries and reconciling books of accounts
- Coding invoices, vouchers, expense reports, with correct codes conforming to standard procedures to ensure proper entry into the ﬁnancial system
- Handles vendor correspondence via phone or email
- Investigates and resolves problems associated with processing of invoices
- Tracks unentered invoices by reason (not received, not approved, etc.)
- Assists with monthly status reports, accruals, and monthly closings
- Reconciles various accounts by identifying errors in posting or omissions by applying appropriate accounting standards
- Receives, researches, and resolves a variety of routine internal and external inquiries concerning account status, including communicating the resolution of discrepancies to appropriate persons
- Files, maintains, and distributes accounting documents, records, and reports
- Performs other duties as required to support Accounting Department
- Other analysis and projects as required
Candidate Experience and Requirements
- Proven working experience required as Account Payable Specialist or General Accounting 3-5 years
- Education: High School diploma, AS degree in Accounting a strong plus
- Computer skills on MS Oﬃce, accounting software Quick Books online and databases
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data using Excel; Power Excel user a strong plus
- High attention to detail and accuracy with a passion for excellence
- Proven ability to work effectively and professionally with all levels in the organization, in a fast-paced environment within a results-oriented culture
- Strong desire to progress in career
- Health care industry experience a strong plus
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- Ability to work remotely in a personal oﬃce space, independently, and eﬃciently manage tasks and time to meet deadlines
- Procurement / Vendor management background desired
- 10 key touch / Microsoft Oﬃce Suite / Zoom
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Conﬁdentiality a must
- To ﬁt into a culture that does the right thing, the right way and the team/organization comes ﬁrst, someone who lets the meticulous quality of their work demonstrate their ability
Location and Remote Work Environment
- Preferred location: Accessible to New Haven, CT oﬃce
- Must be able to effectively work from home in a dedicated and private space; common work environment is not acceptable for this position
About Jumo Health
Jumo Health develops age-appropriate, educational resources for patients and caregivers for use throughout their medical journey.
By working with providers, manufacturers, and advocacy groups, we ensure our resources are available at the moment of diagnosis, during a treatment regimen, or while participating in a clinical trial. With the belief that an informed patient is a compliant patient, Jumo Health designs practical solutions using familiar - and desired - mediums. With experience providing resources to more than 70+ countries in 80+ languages, and covering more than 110 therapeutic areas, our mixed media solutions range from comic books to animated videos, are evidence based and peer reviewed, pay careful attention to health literacy and reading comprehension barriers - all to ensure patients can understand and follow their physician’s instructions.
To the applicants
Jumo Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
To apply, please send your resume and any relevant information to email@example.com.
Be sure to include the position for which you are applying in the subject line of your email.