Finance, New York - Remote
Fast growing, venture-backed international health care education enterprise with ofﬁces in New York and London. The Company has attracted signiﬁcant investment and is in a rapid phase of organic growth. This position
Manage, oversee and assist in the daily operations of the accounting department including:
Month and end-year closing process
Treasury, budgeting support
Update the cash forecasting model and analyze trends
Assist in recording ASC 606 Revenue and Cost of sales and analysis
Fixed assets depreciation/amortization reconciliations
Using online banking to enter wire transfers and ACH’s, occasional check runs
Assist in the preparation and comments to the Income Statement, B/S and Cash Flow statements, and explaining line-item variance analysis
Bank account reconciliations
Work with multi entity international structure
- To ﬁt into a culture that does the right thing, the right way and the team/organization comes ﬁrst, someone who lets the meticulous quality of their work demonstrate their ability.
- Experience with revenue recognition ASC606 policy and recording revenue.
- Monitor and analyze accounting data and produce ﬁnancial reports or statements using QuickBooks Online.
- Assist in establishing and enforcing proper accounting methods, policies and principles.
- Assist in coordinating annual audit, provide account reconciliation, and support the auditors.
- Bring experience to make recommendations to improve process, procedures and productivity to Jumo Health.
- Work with and effectively communicate with others in Finance and other functions to meet objectives.
- Establish and maintain ﬁscal ﬁles and records to document transactions.
- Other analysis and projects as required.
Candidate Experience and Requirements
- Proven working experience as Accounting Manager, Assistant Controller or Finance Manager for 5 – 10 years.
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance, 5-10 year of experience, and be a CPA.
- Current on the latest GAAP pronouncements, i.e., ASC 606.
- Advanced computer skills on MS Ofﬁce, accounting software QuickBooks online and databases.
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data using Excel (power Excel user).
- Proven knowledge of accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations.
- High attention to detail and accuracy with a passion for excellence.
- Ability to identify ﬁnancial issues and concerns together with the ability work through solutions.
- Proven ability to work effectively and professionally with all levels in the organization, in a fast-paced environment within a results-oriented culture.
- Strong desire to progress in career.
- Experience in Financial, Planning and Analysis a plus and/or a desire to gain the FP&A skill a plus.
- Health care industry experience a strong plus.
- Experience in Sales Tax determination for client invoices a plus.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently, remotely as needed, and efﬁciently manage tasks and time to meet deadlines.
Location and Remote Work Environment
- Preferred location: Accessible to New Haven, CT oﬃce
- Must be able to effectively work from home in a dedicated and private space; common work environment is not acceptable for this position
About Jumo Health
Jumo Health develops age-appropriate, educational resources for patients and caregivers for use throughout their medical journey.
By working with providers, manufacturers, and advocacy groups, we ensure our resources are available at the moment of diagnosis, during a treatment regimen, or while participating in a clinical trial. With the belief that an informed patient is a compliant patient, Jumo Health designs practical solutions using familiar - and desired - mediums. With experience providing resources to more than 70+ countries in 80+ languages, and covering more than 110 therapeutic areas, our mixed media solutions range from comic books to animated videos, are evidence based and peer reviewed, pay careful attention to health literacy and reading comprehension barriers - all to ensure patients can understand and follow their physician’s instructions.
To the applicants
Jumo Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
To apply, please send your resume and any relevant information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to include the position for which you are applying in the subject line of your email.